University of Richmond Equestrian Team
Haverhill farm is pleased to be hosting the University of Richmond Equestrian Team for the third year in a row for the 2014-2015 season!
The University of Richmond Equestrian Team is an official Sports Club that is sanctioned and partially funded by the University. Although the team was only founded 10 years ago, the hard work of riders past and present resulted in the University elevating the team to Championship level in Fall 2011. The team itself is co-ed, with an average of 20 members, some having competed since high school or earlier and others having only recently discovered the joys of riding. Riders have the option to show or just ride for fun, and riders of all levels are encouraged to join, as points from beginner to open (highest level) go towards the team’s overall standing.
- 2011-2012: 7th out of 16 teams!
- Reserve High Point at Towson
- 2012-2013: 7th for the Region
- C. Elia made it to Zones in open fences
- Reserve High Point Team at URET Home Show
- B. Savani Reserve High Point Rider at URET Home Show
- L. Martin Reserve High Point Rider at W&M Horse Show
- Reserve High Point Team at W&M Horse Show
- High Point Team at Mary Washington Day 2
- 3rd Place overall team standing 2014
- Barbie Savani 8th at Zones, Kristen Bailey 2nd at Zones, K. Bailey advances to Nationals.
- K. Bailey 5th out of 16 in Novice at Nationals
- 9/27 Reserve High Point Team and C. Jones Reserve High Point Rider atHome Show.
- 10/4 High Point Team and C. Jones High Point Rider at VCU Show.
- R-MC High Point Team
- B. Savani Second at Regionals, advanced to Zones
- B. Savani First at Zones, advanced to Nationals.
- B. Savani 4th at Nationals in Intermediate fences.
- 2015-2016 UR Reserve High Point Team, R. Cookingham Reserve High Point Rider.
- 2/2016 C. Jones and R. Cookingham advance to Zones!
- 2016 R. Cookingham advances to Nationals in Open Flat
Coaches: Jessica Straus and Natalie Shinnamon
For more information, visit the team website.